Sunday, October 16, 2011

Swatchfest Sunday: NYX Jumbo Lip Pencil

Hey girlies. Happy Sunday :)

It's starting to cool down in these parts (as cool as the tropics can get) and I was in the midst of taking an afternoon nap when I remembered that I had a bunch of swatches to do (and I do mean a bunch!!)

I bought these lip pencils when I was on a mad hunt for the perfect red lippie and true to form I have accumulated them but hardly wear them. I swear my New Year's cosmetics resolution is to use up my stash and make room for more stuff.

Anyhoo, these babies are a lip pencil/lipstick in one and remind me a teeny bit of the NYX round lippies in terms if the consistency. They're super creamy, VERY pigmented are extremely affordable. I think they retail for around $4 USD on the NYX website (I got mine off ebay and got a deal on them as they were sold in a bundle....can't remember the price but they were about $17USD including shipping). 

What I really love about these is how easy they are to use. I just dab some on and blend into my lips (finger, lipbrush etc) and I'm good to go. I do, however, think that you would still need a lip pencil with these because they are SO creamy that I don't think they work well to line your lips. Nevertheless I think these are great for the price and quite convenient to carry around for touch-ups.

On to the swatchies! Please forgive any fuzz that you see. I took these before I did my hair removal (eek!)

 Deep Red (709), Hot Red (704), Iced Coffee (711), Fuschia (721), Plus Red (712), Hera (722)
Deep Red (709), Hot Red (704), Iced Coffee (711), Fuschia (721), Plus Red (712), Hera (722)
Deep Red (709), Hot Red (704), Iced Coffee (711), Plush Red (712), Fuschia (721), Hera (722)
Hot Red (704), Deep Red (709), Iced Coffee (711), Fuschia (721), Plus Red (712), Hera (722)
Hot Red
 Hot Red
 Deep Red  (lurrrve)
 Iced Coffee (Love)
Iced Coffee
 Fuschia
 Fuschia
 Plush Red
 Plush Red
 Hera
Hera


Hope you enjoyed! If you have any of the Jumbo lip pencils from NYX drop me a comment and let me know which ones.

xoxo