Saturday, October 1, 2011

Let Me In


(2010)




It's a love story
And it's a vampire story
It's sweet, not scary

This was the gist of the conversation I was having with AC after watching this film.  I enjoyed it thoroughly, but was a bit disappointed that AC and I hadn't started Horrorthon 2011 with something more frightening, glitchy, disturbing, or disgusting.  That's when it happened.

I stood up, walked toward the bathroom, turned on the light, started to cross the threshold into the room, and then I yelled (AC claims it was more of a scream), jumped back, and slammed the door.  

Why?  Because, when I turned on the light, I saw the largest, hairiest insect I've ever seen scurrying down the outside of the shower curtain.  Don't believe me, this is what I saw:

I'm ashamed to say that I probably would have avoided that bathroom permanently if AC hadn't bravely slain the large-mandibled beast with nothing but a teva.

And that's how my first night of Horrorthon 2011 went.

Guess I should be more careful what I wish for in future.