Thursday, September 29, 2011

SACHA Cosmetics Fix It Spray: Review

So a few weeks ago I told you about the Sacha Cosmetics blushers which I'd purchased on my trip to Trinidad and Tobago. Another product that I got at the time was their Fix-it spray plus for oily skin (think MAC Fix +). Now to be honest, I've never tried any other setting sprays so this review would not be one where I can make a comparison.

I've always wanted to try the MAC Fix + but always got side-tracked by the cosmetic when I went to the store....and plus I never thought that I actually needed a setting spray. The SACHA one retails for $30TT (5USD) and claims to instantly set make-up, keeping it fresh and smudge resistant for hours.

How does it hold up? I'd say it definitely helps your make-up to 'set' and makes it appear less cakey. I also use this to apply my shadows when I want that foiled look and it does well in that department too (although I'm sure water does the same thing). I've not broken out from this product, however, I can't say that it does anything in terms of mattifying my skin so I'm not sure why it was specified for 'oily skin'.

That said...if you NEED a setting spray and have access to this, then try it. For the cost, it's a god deal. I I ever try the MAC Fix + I'd definitely revist this post to see how they compare.