Friday, March 11, 2011

Say What?

"Hey Billy Packer, you might be right, we might not be very good and know all the players on all the teams in college basketball. I don't know any players on Wofford or UNC Asheville. You are absolutely right. But stop being a jackass."

"Listen, we're going to do a good job. And I know you said they should have went to ESPN. Well, there was one problem. ESPN didn't have 11 billion dollars. We did. That's why we got it. So sit back, enjoy the March Madness with Greg Gumbel, Jim Nantz, Clark Kellogg and all of us. And shut the hell up." - Charles Barkley*

For those of you who don't know, ex-CBS college hoops analyst, Billy Packer, criticized the NCAA and pricks like Barkley, Steve Kerr, Reggie Miller, and Kenny Smith in regards to their involvement with this year's NCAA Tournament. I happen to think Packer is correct in his assertion, and I'm interested to see how these NBA-centric geniuses perform the next few weeks. Then again, what do I know? I'm 1-4 in my last five hoops selections, including an 0-3 mark with the UConn Huskies! I don't even trust myself, folks! I wouldn't leave me alone in a room with a fuckin MAXIM at this point!!! You never know what might happen! Perhaps I'll dip my noodle in a fresh shrimp ceviche, and call it early fuckin onions on another damp Cabin Friday!!