Monday, June 7, 2010

A sprinkle of Nutmeg?

So you've heard about it by now. Top-shop launched their makeup line a few months ago and the blogger community has slowly been building up a following in favor of the line-especially the cream blushes. After reading reviews from the lovely lollipop26and Samantha from Beauty Crush I decided to pop into Top Shop today and pick up their cream blush in Nutmeg simply because I had managed to convince myself that I just had to have it as a part of my summer routine (yes every purchase is justified a million times in my head before I actually buy it lol).

I'm not a much of a sucker for packaging but I do appreciate the fact that it comes in a cute little compact with a mirror big enough to facilitate easy application. It contains 4grams of product and cost me £6.00. I chose the shade Nutmeg simply because it looked like it would give me the most natural 'flush' and in my mind, I could see myself topping it off with MAC's Gingerly (my all time favorite blush). Like everyone has pretty much said, the product in the pan is wonderfully creamy that dries to a nice soft finish when applied to your skin. And I was right about the nutmeg/gingerly combination! It looks amazing together. I'd definitely give these a try if you can find a shade to your liking.


                                          TOPSHOP Cream Blush in Nutmeg; MAC's Gingerly

By the way I so just realized that the combination consists of two very exotic spices....ginger and nutmeg!!!! Cocktails anyone??? :D