Sunday, August 28, 2011

Nivea's A kiss of milk and Honey Lip-balm- A Review

I am not fan of Nivea lip balms. I have a few that I've tried that did nothing for me or my lips and thus they have been relegated to the pits of my makeup stash. With the three that I've tried before I've found the texture to be a bit too waxy (almost like a primer) and they often chapped my lips leaving a white cast on them so I was a bit iffy about ordering the Kiss of Milk & Honey lip-balm.

Being the product junkie that I am and the overwhelming need that I posses to 'MUST HAVE' a new product that receives endless raves in the bolgospehere, I found a seller on e-bay that ships internationally and ordered two.

And now...I AM IN LOVE!

What Nivea says: The formula, enriched with natural Milk Protein & rich Golden Honey,
pampers your lips with nature’s best remedies 
to give your lips the strength and moisture they need.

Look how far I've gotten in 3 days!

I love the feel of the balm on my lips. I really hate anything that feels heavy on my lips and I get irritated very easily to the point where I would wipe off just applied gloss and lipstick simple due to the fact that i dislike how it feels.This however, wears ,like a dream while keeping you lips soft and fully moisturized. It has a pleasant taste...maybe vanilla (?) but nothing too overpowering. It DOES NOT smell like milk and honey but I can live with that. The more I smell it the more i discern a light vanilla fragrance...which I really don't mind because I hate the smell of honey (makes me wonder why I bought this but I'm not complaining).

I can definitely say that other than the Blistex conditioning lip balm in the pot, THIS is my HG lip-balm...like...seriously! I think I just hate the fact that I have to order it online because it's not readily available in St. Vincent (and I don't know if it ever will be) but i will definitely be stocking up on my next visit out of the country. Way to go Nivea!