I am a huge fan on lip products. Next to eye-shadows, they are the one product that I can just pop into a store to buy that gives me a pick me up when I'm feeling down. My obsession ranges from lip-glosses to lipsticks to lip-balms but what I've discovered recently are the wonderful pout polishes from Sleek!
Now please forgive me if this is yet another comparison to a MAC product because they are what I've also been purchasing over the past year and as most of us use MAC anyway, so why not?
Now I do have a MAC tinted lip conditioner in Petting Pink and although I like it, i tend to reach for my carmex and blistex when moisturizing my lips. My perusal into Superdrug one day however has managed to change that. There the were: looking very much like MAC tinted lip conditioners but at a 1/4 of the price. They come in 4 different shades: Pink Cadillac, Electro Peach, Perfect Plum and Chocolate Kiss. With the exception of Pink Cadillac I have all the others and I am in LOVE! These lip polishes are ridiculously pigmented!!! The peach one I usually have to rub into my lips a bit to tone it down, Perfect Plum is a very deep plum color which I think would be great on darker skin tones and Chocolate Kiss is a natural, my-lips-but-better shade. I usually wear them alone or topped off with a bit of clear gloss but I feel that they are good enough to stand on their own. They are far more moisturizing than the MAC one (they melt into your lips like butter with no greasy feeling after) with a better color pay off. I remember wanting Perfect Plum so much that I offered to buy the totally unused, brand new tester simply because they didn't have it in stock! Luckily I was able to find one mixed in with the Chocolate Kiss shade lol. The sales girl probably thought I was mad! Also, I should mention that they can also be worn together to create your own unique shade! Perfect Plum and Chocolate Kiss go great together and from what I tested in-store, Pink Cadillac and Electro Peach are perfect partners.
I actually don't mind the little pots that they come in. I'm one of those people that love to apply my lip products with my (clean) fingers and there is just something about twisting the cap off of any lip tub that I like (weird I know lol). Other bloggers have said that they smell like Vanilla but to be totally honest, unless the smell is completely obnoxious, it's not something that I notice about products that I purchase.
As I write this, I have every intention of of footing it down to Super-drug in the morning just to complete my collection. At first, i thought I wouldn't need it because of the MAC one that I have that's similar.....but....you know that nagging I-must-have-it feeling that you get when you can't justify a purchase but you want it anyway? Yeah...that's me at 12:21 am :D It also explains the for Sleek I-Divine palettes that I purchased recently but THAT'S for another blog;-)